Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Upcoming Performances of our Actor Classmate...

Last week I emailed my WTW 67 elist a heads up about seeing our classmate, Mike Willis, on TV last Sunday and about a play he is performing in during the month of June. Did any of you have an opportunity to see that "Law & Order" episode last Sunday night (March 16) at 9PM? I, for one, had company so I taped it and plan on watching it soon.

Mike is also scheduled to perform in a play at George Mason University in their Theatre of the First Amendment. This play is called "Two-Bit Taj Mahal" and is scheduled for about 3 weeks during June. Cindy Tallia and I are hoping to go. Anyone else interested?

5 comments:

Dale Morgan said...

My company finally left and last night I took the time to watch the "Law & Order" episode I had recorded. About halfway/two-thirds through, there was Mike! Excellent!! There he was with a hard hat on trying to explain himself to these detectives. Mike does not look a day over 18. Would have recognized him anywhere. However, what a grand acting performance. I really was impressed and I cannot wait to see him in the play at George Mason in June!

Congratulations, Mike!...not just for being a wonderful and convincing actor, but for the fact that you are actually making a living doing this. That is really impressive.

Dena said...

Dale, I'd love to hear when you plan to attend the play. If it's a time I am not committed to work, it would be fun to schedule a little field trip to Northern Virginia! Maybe we can wrangle a stage door meeting with Mike, perhaps even an autograph. ; )

~ Dena

Dale Morgan said...

Dena - That would be so much fun to all be together watching Mike. This was Cindy Tallia's idea so I have checked with her as to when she has time available. At this point, she thinks Wednesday, June 25 is her only opening. I checked the George Mason Website and the play is at 8:00 PM that evening.
Will that still work for those of you who have to travel here?

I've received interest from 2 other classmates who do not live right in No VA, but do not know yet whether that date would work for them either. Perhaps it would with that much advance notice???

Dena said...

Dale, if the majority can make it for the June 25th performance, it will work for me.

Fun!

~ Dena

Dale Morgan said...

Dena - I'll wait to get a little more feedback and let you know. I will not buy any tickets until I make an announcement.