Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Alas, no Northwest Roundup this summer


I'm really disappointed.

I've been hearing about these WTW Northwest Roundups ever since I went to the 40th anniversary reunion, and I always figured that someday I might be able to make it to one.

Ever since my daughter married a kid from Seattle, the odds went up that we would someday visit the Pacific Northwest. Well, Pauline and Ryan are finishing their tour in China in a month or so and they're spending their two months of home leave and vacation in Washington State.

They'll be in Seattle with Ryan's family during July and they're renting a house outside Snoqualmie in August. We're taking our vacation up there, and I was hoping we could time it so that I could catch the Northwest Roundup.

Alas, there isn't going to be one this year.


Not that I needed another reason to go. I don't get to spend nearly enough time with my wonderful daughter, who is an officer in the U.S. Foreign Service. And of course, there is little Maddie, my first and to date only grandchild.

By August she may be walking. She's already managing to do it with support, so at this point it's just a question of balance.

So I'm sure I'll enjoy myself.

Still, a roundup would have been nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike!

It's sad but true - no Northwest Rondy that I know of this year. But be sure to let us know when you will be in town so that we can plan a meet up.

cheers, Helen