Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yes, we were children, but still ...


It's very strange to me when I look at these pictures.

Editor's note: Aren't you at least going to thank Dena?

Oh, pardon my manners.

Editor's note: You mean lack of manners, don't you?

Ignore him. He's just upset that he missed the "Full House" marathon. But anyway, thanks to Dena Clayton and her trusty scanner, I've got some old yearbook pictures for the site.

What's strange about them is that we were mostly 16 or 17 when they were taken, but when I look at the pictures, we look much older than the 16- or 17-year-olds I've seen in raising my own children.

Maybe it's that the pictures are black and white, or maybe it's the difference in styles. But where I could look at female friends of my daughter or my son at the time and see nothing more than young kids, you know what I think when I look at this picture?

Hubba hubba.

Now I know I've embarrassed Dale enough by talking about how beautiful she was in high school, but I'm serious. When I look at that picture, I don't see a 17-year-old.

I wonder why that is.

Maybe it's because I know the person she grew up to be, or maybe it's because in looking at pictures of myself, it puts it all into perspective for me.

Anyway, it's a nice picture.

1 comment:

Dale Morgan said...

I have always hated this picture because one week later I cut my hair and I looked totally different. Remember they took our pictures just before our senior year began?